The CGOA changed their bylaws, and starting July 1, 2023, all Members of a CGOA guild must be members of the CGOA. Dues for Crochet Texas! are $30 a year, and dues for the CGOA are $35 annually for a digital membership or $40 with a hard copy of Crochet World magazine.
You can enjoy almost all the benefits of Crochet Texas! by purchasing a Crochet Texas Annual Guest Pass for $30 a year. Classes, monthly door prizes, access to our video library, and more will be available to you. You will not have a vote in chapter business (but you will still have input in things like choosing classes). However, you can be a Committee leader or member. Also, you can get one State Fair of Texas crochet item entry fee reimbursed.
If you are a CGOA member, please fill out a Membership Application and bring it to a meeting or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or use our Google form, which allows us to text the meeting link to you. If you are not a CGOA member, you can fill out a Guest Pass Application and receive all non-CGOA benefits of the guild. You can also fill out a Google form.
- Crochet Texas! Benefits:
• The dues pay for bringing in outside teachers, supplies for some of the classes, door prizes, tech, and more.
• We sometimes get donations of yarn for charity projects. Although you don’t have to use that specific yarn for a project for that charity, you are supposed to “pay it back” by doing some type of charity crochet.
• Some local yarn shops will give Crochet Texas! a discount. This is usually the same discount they give to Ravelry members, and the two discounts cannot be combined.
- CGOA Benefits include:
• Four (4) issues of Crochet World magazine (including CGOA Chain Link newsletter)
• Selected national e-retail discounts
• Participation in quarterly Crochet Along events (CALs) that offer free patterns and allow you to connect with the CGOA community by working on the same project
• More great benefits.